Monday, July 18, 2011

REFLECTION.....

Time away on Martha's Vineyard was time well spent.  I had all good intentions of seeing things, visiting places that I love on the Vineyard and engaging in all sorts of picture taking.  Instead, I spent a lot of time doing nothing, and everything.  Thinking, reflecting, feeling and healing.

It was great to connect with old friends that know me so well, and remind me of who I am and who I wish to be, when I can quiet the storm that brews inside me.   Sometimes I get lost in my own flurry of activity as I try to sift through the rubble and reconnect to the core of who I know myself to be. It is wonderful to have such intimate connections with people that can reflect back to me who they know me to be when I am at my best.

I came away with all that I needed - new insights, new energy, new excitement about what is and what is to become.  I am so very grateful and fortunate to have friends that embrace my authentic self, that stimulate and challenge me to be the person I wish to be, that lift my spirit when I am down and fill me with love and laughter.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment