Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rain....








Woke this AM to a beautiful sunrise and rays of light beaming through the house.  Oh so hopeful for a beautiful Easter day.   The sunshine was short lived.   The clouds quickly moved in by the time I was done with my coffee, and soon it was raining - AGAIN.    When I was young, I loved to walk and play in the rain.  It didn't stop me from being outside.  And today, I decided it was better to return to the days of my youth, than to sit inside and be grumpy about yet another grey, wet day.    So I packed up the dogs and my camera.  And I'm so glad that I did.  I forget sometimes how much I love the smell of rain.  And the gentle tap, tap, tapping of water on my jacket. My bright yellow/green rain jacket is actually one of my favorite pieces of clothing.  And today when I zipped myself inside, I felt like Spring.  The brilliant colors of everything right now - blades of grass, trees that are about to POP with leaves and blossoms, early Spring flowers - breathtaking!  And today I heard my first red-winged blackbirds.  One of my favorite sounds.  Reminders of growing up in the country and spending hours in the woods and open fields.  Things are coming back to life.  Soon we will be enveloped in days filled with sunshine, colors and textures and all the things that we ache for during the dark, long, hard days of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment