Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summertime

Misty mornings; cloud watching; star gazing; bonfires and good conversation; paddling on the water on a summer's eve; loons calling; waking to the smell of earth beneath me; summer in a glass; fireflies; sand between my toes; the sound and sight of red-winged blackbirds in a meadow; farmer's market flowers; grilling; sunshine on my shoulders;  fresh fruits and veggies; warm summer rain; soft ice cream; a good summer read; Martha's Vineyard; morning coffee on my front porch; new connections, re-connections and good times with friends.

These are a few of my favorite summer things.   It's the first day of summer and the longest day of the year today.  I look forward to waking up to beautiful sunrises - like the skies pouring sunshine over me,  and winding down to quiet sunsets, leaving traces of beautiful color and a gentle "goodnight" touch on my shoulders.






No comments:

Post a Comment